Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Wananavu

Wananavu means paradise in Fijian. Take a second to view and listen to a native little tune that will make you wish you were out of the office and on the beach of the South Pacific. I have about a half a dozen songs recorded by this back-porch group that is wonderful to listen too. Every afternoon and evening this group would serenade the resort guests as we ate native pineapple, homemade bread, salads and sandwiches. The dinning room and porch where we ate everyday hung off a hill that overlooked palm trees and the ocean. Everytime I take a second out of my day to listen to their songs, I swear I can hear the sound of waves crashing and the rustling sound of palm beach leaves swaying in the background. Even though I love the mountains, there's a little piece of my heart that has fallen in love with the South Pacific.

No comments: