Saturday, August 16, 2008

Adrenalin Rush!

What can I say, I LOVE ADVENTURE. Barbs and I look for any and every opportunity to have fun and push ourselves to the limits. One experience that I'll never forget is a trip that my family took, at the beginning of this year, to a small place called "La Jolla de Mismaloya". It's located about 30 minutes South of Puerto Vallarta on the west coast of Mexico. My brother Weston and I have always talked about how we would love to go bungee jumping over the cliffs and ocean every time we visited this place, so during our last trip we sucked it up and took the plunge :) Talk about an adrenaline rush, we couldn't stop talking about it for hours after we took the leap. The only thing I remember saying as I leaped off the plat form was AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! and the only thing I could think of was "I hope the cords don't snap and I hope I don't go smashing into the warm ocean water or the sharp cliffs". Needless to say, I'm still alive, but looking back at the experience, Barbs likes to remind me how crazy we were to put our lives in the hands of some side-road bungee shack that probably doesn't meet the security or safety codes of the U.S. and how the cords are probably just waiting to snap any day. To tell you the truth, that was half the excitement :) I was planning on going bungee jumping in Europe a couple years ago when I was there last but when we went to the tram where they used to offer it, we were informed that a few years ago the bungee operator miscalculated the cords of one jumper who ended up dying after smashing into the ground. So........after missing one opportunity to fall over 200 feet, I wouldn't let the next opportunity pass me by.

No comments: